Sri Lanka Stories
If you follow me on social media (which you definitely should), you will probably be aware that I recently returned from (almost) two weeks in Sri Lanka. Me and my wife, Amy, went to Sri Lanka to celebrate her turning 30 (or commiserate - not sure which yet). (I’ll ease up on the brackets from her on in - honest!)
It was our first time that far east of England and I wanted to put a few words to some of the photos I took. In an attempt to avoid this coming across as an ostentatious display of my family album, I thought it might be useful to share my thoughts about what we go up to, as I personally found a number of blogs really useful when planning what we should do and thought others might stumble upon this blog and find the same?
My initial intention was to encapsulate the whole trip in one blog, but it got pretty long, and I knew if I couldn’t be bothered to read about my own holiday, then you definitely wouldn’t, so I've split it down to 12 blogs - one for each day we were there.
- Day 1: Landing in Colombo (& getting to our hotel);
- Day 2: Exploring Colombo (Urbanisation, temples, Dutch church, sunset and beer);
- Day 3: Colombo to Kandy (Pinnawalla Elephant Orphanage, Temple of the Tooth & Kandy Dance Show);
- Day 4: Kandy to Nuwara Eliya (Kandy Royal Botanical Gardens, hills, waterfalls and tea);
- Day 5: Horton's Plain (Where the world ends: the hike, the views and Baker's Fall);
- Day 6: Nuwara Eliya to Udawalawe (awesome coffee in Ella and Safari in Udawalawe);
- Day 7: Udawalawe to Unawatuna (feeding baby elephants & arriving by the sea);
- Day 8: Mirissa (whale watching);
- Day 9: Galle, Jungle Beach & the Japanese Peace Pagoda;
- Day 10: Unawatuna to Hikkaduwa (skimboarding and coral injuries);
- Day 11: Hikkaduwa (Moon Stone, Tsunamis and Masks);
- Day 12: Hikkaduwa to Negombo (Turtle hatchery, Negombo and saying goodbye).